Did you know that approximately 20,000 people are admitted to Canada under the parents and grandparents immigration sponsorship program? Formerly open for applications once per year, the program has been postponed for 2020.
Speaking with an Immigration Lawyer can provide you with the most up-to-date knowledge and legal guidance when it comes to your rights and responsibilities as a Canadian immigrant.
What can an Immigration Lawyer do for me?
An Immigration Lawyer offers legal representation on the behalf of Canadian immigrants.
Immigration lawyers can assist you through the laws and requisites regarding business or personal immigration matters. Your chosen immigration legal professional helps prepare paperwork (e.g. application forms; birth, marriage, employment or academic certificates) and may attend immigration interviews and/or obligations with you at the federal level.
When would I need to hire an Immigration Lawyer?
You may wish to hire an immigration lawyer to help you in the following scenarios:
- To visit Canada
- To study in Canada (obtain a study permit)
- To work in Canada (obtain a work permit)
- To apply for Canadian Permanent Residency (Express Entry; Investment)
- To sponsor a family member
- To become a Canadian Citizen
- To claim Refugee Protection
- To apply for or dispute a Federal Court and Immigration Visa Application Appeals
Hanson & Co. Lawyers provide a full range of Canadian immigration services, handling all preparation and submission of applications.
Popular Canadian Immigration Programs
- Spousal Sponsorship: the process of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident sponsoring their spouse or common-law partner for Canadian permanent residence.
- Express Entry: a system used by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada to evaluate the expected economic success of a candidate, and extending an invitation based on this (e.g. The Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs).
Where to Find an Immigration Lawyer
Hanson & Co Lawyers are legal experts assisting foreign individuals, small enterprises and multinationals interested in coming to Canada to live, work, or study.
We specialize in Canadian Immigration Law, including but not limited to: Permanent Residency, Citizenship applications, Humanitarian applications, Work Permits, Study Permits, Skilled Worker, Visitor Visas, and appeal processes.
Located on Central Lonsdale, Hanson & Company is a Canadian immigration law firm. We proudly serve the Lower Mainland, and offer services in both English and Farsi. No matter your unique scenario, our immigration lawyers are equipped to represent you.
Hanson & Co Lawyers are Here to Help
From immigration applications to appeals, Hanson & Co Lawyers take the time to understand your situation, and approach each case with a highly individualized strategy.
Making sure our clients feel engaged throughout the legal process is our priority, and we’ll keep you informed every step of the way.